Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

it doesn't move and isn't tender, but does have me worried

User Profile
hi im 22 and for about a year i have noticed that at the top of my neck where my spine meets my skull i have a bump on the right side. it doesn't move and isn't tender either, it almost feels like a knot or bone, but it does have me worried,it also seems like it gives me headaches... thanks for your time

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 7th, 2012
Cancers Answer A31234
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out.

For such kind of lump at the top of neck, few important possibilities which need to be ruled out are of a lipoma, neurofibroma or any other benign tumor which may be causing compression of the nerves as well. To confirm the diagnosis, you need to get an ultrasound of the area done. If ultrasound does not confirm the diagnosis then you should get a MRI spine done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Headaches, bone, neck
Quick Reply
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cancers , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.