Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

is wet tissue paper-like discharge normal ?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
Hi there , I was just wondering if white wet tissue paper-like discharge is normal because I keep having such discharge and I'm worried that something is wrong with me . The discharge does not have any smell , and I do not have any rash Or itching . Please reply soon and thank you !!

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied March 6th, 2012
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A32447
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Altered vaginal discharge that you describe suggests possibility of vaginal infection. Do not ignore your symptoms if it has been persistent. Visit your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for further examination and vaginal swab/smear test to identify causative agent. Get started on appropriate treatment to help you control the symptoms (as indicated by examination findings and investigation results). Avoid vaginal douching, or use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. If infective cause is detected, and if you are sexually active, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection, and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.