Medical Questions > Parenting > Parenting Debate Forum

Is 16 too young to have a baby?

I'm 14 now and me and my boyfriend have been together for just over 7months, I have always loved kids and his mum has 10- aged 18years to 8months having her first one at only 15. Me and my boyfriend have spoke about it and I have said can we have a baby when I'm 16 he will then be 18 and I've already got decent amount of money to provide for a baby and hes looking for a job now. By the time I'm 16 me and my boyfriend will have been together over 2years, do you think 16 will be too young to have a baby?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 11th, 2012
Honey u need to remember u have a whole life too live, college, highschool and fun times. Don't get me wrong I love kids too!!! I'm 23, I wouldn't want kids right now either. I can't imagine having a kid at 16. Anyways r choice don't forget that. But also don't forget u have a life to live!!!! GOOD LUCK HUN.
|

replied December 15th, 2012
if only just given birth, age 16 years is possible. but to be a good mother and to be a wise wife, its maturity. Getting married is not just about having children. is she knowing the responsibilities as a mother? is she knowing the responsibilities as a wife? that is a big question.... for me 16 years old, not yet!
|
Must Read
Minor and more serious burns account for over 2 million doctor visits each year. But what is a burn? And what happens to the skin when it gets burned?...
Why are children at risk of burns? And what agents can cause the skin to burn? More on causes of skin burns and risk factors you can avoid here....
When should you seek medical help for a skin burn? We review common symptoms of burned skin as well as symptoms of airway burns here....