Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum

Is this muscle strain/pulled muscle or is this something else?

Hi, I just recently turned 31 and I'm female and have noticed pain in my left breast not always but quite frequently. There are no lumps or any of the other signs of breast cancer that I've noticed. I do have anxiety and it has caused panic attacks before with chest pains.

About three days ago I noticed that it feels uncomfortable and tight from under my left underarm and into my left breast. It feels like there is something in between the two. I'm not sure if I may have pulled a muscle but I've noticed that it's swollen right about where the muscle is. I've also noticed tightness and tingling down into my left upper arm.

It hurts off and on as well but the tight and tingling sensation hasn't gone away. I'm worried that it might be breast cancer but I feel like it's probably just a pulled muscle so I've set up a doctor's appointment for two weeks. I keep messing with it which is why I feel like it's not getting better. So I'm reaching out to see if anyone else has experienced it or what anyone else thinks. Thank you for reading this topic!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 14th, 2018
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Avoid self manipulation to avoid aggravating the symptoms. If there are no lumps felt, or no changes in the skin over the breasts, and if nipples are normal and without any discharge, probability of cancer is low. Probably the pain the that you describe could be due to muscle pull if you have recently lifted something heavy, or due to possibility of axillary lymph node inflammation causing the pain. The exact cause can only be made out after careful examination and evaluation. If symptoms have been persistent, or recurrent, or getting worse, you should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough evaluation to look for the underlying cause. Treatment as indicated (based on examination findings and investigations results) would be started to help you control the symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Breasts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.