User Profile
Hello. I’m a 27 year old male, have had cold sores in the past but not for 7 years. 13 weeks ago i had mutual unprotected oral sex with a female. Since about three days after the incident I’ve been experiencing the following symptoms, with no relief:
– Constant urethritis. Internal discomfort up and down my penis, ranges from stinging to a dull ache. frequent urination. Occasional mild pain on urination, only with first of the day.
– Red patches on penis head, swelling and pain, particularly after ejaculation. Small red dots. Dry skin.
– Tingling, burning and itching all over genitals. Tender pubic area. Sensation moves around, but now scrotal tingling and contracting is constant. Burning around the head of my penis.
– Itchy anus.
– Achey muscles in legs and back. Nerve pain. Sensitive skin all over my body.
– A few tiny red/white bumps which in pubic area.
Urethral/pubic bump herpes swabs negative. Urine/swab tests for usual STDs negative.
Is this herpes?? What else??
Thanks!

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 19th, 2016
Sexual Health - Men Answer A56372
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. Symptoms followed by unprotected coitus should be evaluated for STDs and UTIs. Your symptoms favour both . Need work up and evaluation followed by medications accordingly. Good coital hygiene and abstinence from coitus for a while will help.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.