Medical Questions > Mental Health > Panic Attacks Forum

Is this getting bad? On a scale of one to ten, how bad?

Panic Attacks.

I’ve been getting them for a while now. I’ve never been to a doctor for this — just a warning. Also, another warning, I have a horrible memory.
I’ve had panic attacks last very short, maybe around 2-3 minutes, and once every few months. Barely any fear. Normal, right?
Okay, but now I’ve started to have them more often, maybe one or twice a week, or skip a few weeks, and it’ll happen. Lasting for 5-15 minutes.
I have this horrible sense of fear, and sometimes I don’t know why I feel so scared. I feel sick, one time I even threw up in my mouth. Hyperventilating, sweating, and a dry mouth also accompanies.
Sometimes the fear comes from thinking something/someone is going to get you. Other times it can be from anger, like there’s just yourself and you, and your screaming at yourself, almost about to rip out your hair. And more rarely, I don’t know why I’m even having it.
Sometimes I’ll cry, most of the time I will not.
Only have had one at school, towards the very end of the period, and I just kinda held everything in, and it worked.
After you get it, sometimes you just have to lay down and just stay there. For minutes.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 8th, 2018
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i believe these panic attacks need a little psychiatric consult, psychotherapy sessions and anxiolytics and reassurance. It is easily manageable and nothing to worry about.

Take care.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Anxiety, Stress
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Panic Attacks , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.