Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

is this chronic hyperventilation?

hello , im 23 yo , im not overweight , i dont drink or smoke , i used to hyperventilate in the past when i was excited or obsessed over something but nothing serious at all , it went away and i didnt even feel it.

one day i hyperventilated like mad and i thought i will die , i went to the hospital and did all the cardio,respitatory tests and all were normall and they said i have anxiety.

It seems too strange to me but this thing has completely ruined me and im almost incapable to do anything and the worst thing of all is that i have nasal congestion (probably rhinitis) and combined with this anxiety thing i can barely manage my breath , sometimes i can tame it when i rest but it seems so painfull when i move or i walk , my symptoms are:

dyspnea
labored breathing ( when i walk or i stand for some time)
heavy chest
sometimes when i eat or drink or talk i tend to have tachypnea like a tic
when i move my body i get really heavy pressure up to the neck and i cant breathe properly
dizziness
i tend to suck in my upper belly a lot to breathe
slurred speech
bloating
dry mouth

im really depressed about all this and i dont know what to do , i have read a lot and i try to slow down my breath but it seems this thing comes up with no effort at all and then its unbearable , i have many things to do and i cant manage to move at all to do them , im trapped in my bed and im afraid to stay alone or go out of home , i feel good only when i sleep or when i wake up in the morning until i remember it.

is this really anxiety? could it be chs? could my nasal problems trigger it?
could acid reflux cause the same symptoms?(i havent been checked for this)

what am i supposed to do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...