User Profile
Is this a yeast infection?

Not really giving me any discomfort, comes and goes, generally more prominent after having sex.

I have been diagnosed with HSV but this doesn't seem like an outbreak

Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated!

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 20th, 2017
Sexual Health - Men Answer A62252
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. This could be yeast infection, with prior history of hsv it cannot be ruled out as hsv recurrence and flare. Dermatitis and jock itch is also a possibility. You need abstinence from Coitus till full evaluation of all the STD panels, good hygiene and toilet habits and abstinence from masturbation. Apply some topical hydrocortisone gel and some antifungals till you see your physician as soon as possible.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Yeast Infection , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.