Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Arthritis Forum

is this a symptom of Rheumatoid arthritis

Must Read
Learn the basics about autoimmune disorders, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options. ...
Learn about risk factors to developing an autoimmune disorder. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for autoimmune disorders....
i was diagnosed with RA, Fibromyalgia, and myofacial pain syndrome since 1994, i get these lumps all over my body is that caused from one of the diseases?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 17th, 2011
Especially eHealthy

Rheumatoid arthritis can cause rheumatoid nodules. Fibromyalgia and myofascial pain syndrome don't have nodules or lumps associated with them.

However, lumps can be so many different things. They may or may not be associated with any of your diagnoses. Since they bother you, you should see your rheumatologist. He/she should be able to determine exactly what is causing them.

Good luck.
Did you find this post helpful?

replied April 27th, 2011
The lumps could indeed be a symptom of your RA, but they could also be something else. It's really important when you have a chronic illness to find a good doctor you trust and can contact when you have concerns. Early diagnosis and symptom relief can make a huge difference when it comes to staying active and feeling well.

A common tendency with RA and other autoimmune diseases is to attribute every symptom to the disease. I agree that the best course is to check with your doctor and let him/her have a look.

All the best to you!
Did you find this post helpful?