Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

Is this a lingering kidney stone?

Hi everyone,

I'm a 25 year old otherwise mostly healthy male with a small history (4 now) of Kidney Stones. Recently I got a rather bad kidney attack and passed (after much duress and 4 days) a broken kidney stone broken into four pieces. After that, I thought it was over and fell asleep due to my exhaustion. However, I woke up with a severe pain in the same kidney and a strong urge to urinate with no actual need and little ability to do so. I started on an antibiotic (amoxicillin, this is a good one for kidney infections I've read) and thought I had gotten an infection from the stone.

Well, it's now 3 days later and once or twice a day I get a sort of "episode" where my kidney aches, and I get a strong urge to urinate with little ability or need to do so. I'm wondering if there's another piece of the stone in there or what? I've never had a kidney stone before where I constantly felt like I was holding my urine in.

I can't afford to go to the doctor, and I'm honestly getting very scared. I don't know what's wrong with me -- surely a stone would be out by now? I am flushing heavily with water and taking cranberry pills and a liquid mix of gravel root, marshmallow root and stone root twice a day to try to help. Can you guys ease my worries? Thank you. Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 13th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi Tame and welcome to ehealth: I understand your problem, however, I would hesitate (actually not take) any drug unless this was prescribed by a physician...What is good for one person may not be for the next...The problem being, you don't know if you have an infection to start...It could be something else...

You should check around to see if you have any free clinics that can help you....Good luck...

Caroline
|

replied January 13th, 2011
Thanks Caroline unfortunately where I live there are no free clinics. The amoxicillin is an antibiotic I was prescribed but I have worries beyond that.

Thank you again and god bless you for your help.
|
Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...