Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Is this a heart condition or anxiety

Hi all I have a quesiton I need answered.

Im a 26 year old male, im 5'8" roughly 160lbs. I have a very stressful job and personal life. I have a lot going on in my world and I am a very anxious person to begin with. For the past 4 -5 years I have been suffering from strage chest pains and chest discomfort. I have had shart stabbing pains in the center of my chest. I had what feels like cramps on the extreme left and right sife of my chest, but mostly on the left side. I have had a very dull and what feels like cramping pain under my left arm pit and down my left arm. I have also had a dull cramping pain in my upper back. I do suffer from light acid reflux. I went to a local cardiolist when this first started happening. He perfromed and EKG at rest which was normal. He then performed a stress stest with no die he found I had a sinus arythmea and one of my T waves of slightly off. He then performed a Echo of my heart at rest which came back normal. He sent to Deborah Heart and Lung a large heart and lung hospital which specializes in cardiac issues. They performed an EKG at rest which was normal. They then performed a Echo Stress test which came back normal. So i just delt with the pain for a few more years. Recently its been getting worse so I went back to my local cardioligist and he performed two EKGs at rest both came back normal. He then peformed a stress test which he read as normal, however I did have a sinus arrhythmia. But I still have these pains. He related these pains as anxiety/stress pains. Its been driving me nuts dealing with this pain. Anyone have any clue as if this is something serious or just from stress?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile
|

User Profile
replied November 11th, 2014
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

Low dose beta blockers should be initiated in consult with your doctor.
I would empirically recommend a two week course of a
course of A PPI like Esomeprazole and a prokinetic
like metoclopramide to see for improvement, if
symptoms persist then an endoscopy could be indicated
You don't seem to have any cardiac issue but an anxiety issue
and a psychiatric consult should be done.

wishing you best of health

thanks

|

replied November 21st, 2014
Thank you appreciate your help!
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.