Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

is this a fourth generation hiv duo test?

I have had some unprotected intercourse with someone i do not his hiv status ( he told me he is negative but let's assume he was positive . i am female and we only had vaginal sex . it lasted for two months . exactly 30 days after last exposure ( which was 3 weeks after my pre - last intercourse with him ) i took an ac,anti-hiv DUO eclia serum plasma test which resulted negative . at day 47 after last exposure and must be day 67 = 68 after pre=last exposure i retested same one still negative . my doctor at my clinic told me to not even try to test again until 6 months cos i would have fake results ??? When asked for generation he did not know ,
What i want to know is
- is this a fourth generation hiv duo test
- can i trust this test
- is there any chance that the test did not pick the antigens or antibodies if its a fourth generation one ?
- is there any chance that my results to change
- do i need more testings ?
- can i consider myself hiv free ?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 7th, 2015
Extremely eHealthy
that how they do it to be sure that you are clear and they may ask you to come again in 6 months after this. Some of these infections take longer. Please use condoms.........and be careful.
|

replied August 8th, 2015
after this stress that i am going through ofc but do you know anything about hiv duo ?
|
Tags: HIV and AIDS
Quick Reply
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....