Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acid Reflux Forum

Is there food stuck in my throat or is it acid reflux?

So I take 70mg of Prozac for my OCD, GAD, and panic disorder. Over the past few weeks my anxiety has come back! I'm am so upset over it. But the main thing is that about a week ago I was eating some fried potatoe aka a tator tot (i think) and after I ate it, it felt as though it was caught in the top of my throat. I'm not sure if it scratched my throat or not but it scared me so much that I had a panic attack in my dorm then threw up, which made me worry more. After hours of being to afraid to sleep, I eventually fell asleep. The next day the lump was gone but my anxiety was back and so was my depression.

Months ago I had problems with my throat and swallowing and went to the doctor and he said it was GERD. It got better after but now months later, my stomach sometimes burns, I get nauseous sometimes, I regurgitate acid or something then re swallow it and so on. I don't know if this is the cause or what.

I am now home and now either my throat will feel super tight at random times or when I eat it feels like food is stuck (like right now, a few hours after eating dinner). I have had trouble swallowing in general, it does not feel like I am swallowing correctly at all and feels weird. I have eaten very little for the past few days. I know it is sometimes anxiety but the sensations in my throat feel different sometimes which scares me. I am too afraid to sleep due to the fear that the food will come back up my throat and I'll choke on it or something. Please help me, I have no idea what to do.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 14th, 2014
Experienced User
Firstly avoid fatty foods. They sit in the stomach longer as they don't break down with acid.
Also allow at least 3 hours between eating and lying down so food has cleared the stomach and is less likely to reflux.
But what you describe sounds like dysphagia (difficulty in swallowing) nd that must be taken seriously to find out why. Go and see your doctor about it.
|

replied July 6th, 2015
Extremely eHealthy
Please see the MD right away......
|
Must Read
Almost everyone experience heartburn or acid indigestion at times. But what is acid reflux and how could it cause more serious problems?...
Can you tell the difference between common heartburn symptoms and signs of more serious digestive problems? Learn when and how to take action for acid reflux....
Heartburn is common, but it is not trivial. It's important to diagnose and treat heartburn or acid reflux as early as possible. Review diagnostic procedure now...