Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

is there a way to make myself feel better?

User Profile
I am attending a college, but its really close to home so i dont enjoy it too much. I feel like i can try to be happy there so i do different sports, hang out with friends and participate in activities. I just dont feel happy about any of it. I have no idea what i want to major in, i live so close to home, im not particularly smart in any field at school and all this stresses me out. i use to play sports to make me feel better, but im not enjoying them as much or really any good at them anymore. I see a lot of people from school doing something they enjoy, but I cant seem to be happy with things. I use to be varsity captain for multiple sports, act, and be more outgoing. I am grateful for everything and i love the people around me, but i cant be happy consistently. I feel its a case of depression or bipolar sense it runs in the family.
-My question is do i have the symptoms for any of these mental health issues? Also any way to make myself feel better?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 7th, 2011
Depression Answer A23820
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum

It seems that you are suffering from anxiety and depresion.You need to pay attention to it right now as you are at a very young age.Some suggestions for you:
Spend time with your family,friends and talk to them.
Do activities what you enjoy as listening music,swimming,dancing.
Do not be alone as you would be sad.
Develop self confidence and never think I am not good.
Consider visiting a Counselling centre as there are various therapies which will help you in coming out of this state and sooner the better.Kindly visit a Physician for evaluation of the symptoms and medications if required.

Take Care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.