Medical Questions > Mens Health > Birth Control - Men Forum

Is there a safe time for unprotected sex?

User Profile
Hello sir,
I married before 1 year. We are using condom as a safety, but now we both are not satisfied with this. So we only want to use condom during the period, when chance to be a pregnent. S o please can you tell me the timing during which, we can enjoy sex without without condom??

THANKING YOU SIR.....
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 17th, 2013
Especially eHealthy
RVV,

Unfortunately, it is usually not recommended that you not use a condom at certain times of the month.

A woman is most fertile right after she ovulates, which is usually a few days after the midway point between periods.

Some women can tell when they ovulate, as they have Mittelschmerz. which is a pain in the pelvic region when the egg is released from the ovary.

Some women can also tell when they are most fertile by using basal temperature reading. But, this requires taking one's temperature at the same time of day, every day. The temperatures are recorded and around the midway point between periods, after ovulation, the temperature will go up slightly.

A woman can also monitor the consistency of her cervical mucus. It will change around the time of ovulation.

But, all of these techniques are very variable. They are not very precise.

Some say that the few days right after a woman's period has ended, are the safest for not getting pregnant. But, again, when dealing with the human body, anything can happen.

So, if you do not want to get pregnant, it is best to use the condom every time you have sexual intercourse.

Good luck.
|

replied May 21st, 2013
Unless she is on birth control, ALWAYS USE A CONDOM. It sounds so cliche, like something you hear in high school and doesn't apply to your adult self. I got a woman pregnant a year ago, and it was the most stressful time in my life to date. Arguing over what will be of the growing baby in her belly, fighting about clashing viewpoints.

Spare yourself the agony and get one of you on birth control.
|