Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Yeast Infection Forum

Is there a blood test to see if its yeast ?

Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
User Profile
1-2011 face cheek puffy(still is)9-2011 va area swollen, itchy, used zinc oxide, no itch now, still a little swollen, no discharge or pain ever, also got oral thrush,now other parts of face puffy, feel ill, stomach feels bloated when I eat,had a light feathery feel on skin, like a light itch, suffered great stress the last 2 yrs,gained weight, sugar, carb cravings,dry mouth, have cold over Christmas, getting better. Saw 2 dr, 2 specialists, & went to er, no one will say it is Candida-too much yeast in my body, did the spit test a few times, came out positive. Is there a blood test to see if its yeast ? What is a CEIA, Chrome Fungal Disease test, CAATT test. I think these are blood tests. Today, I am to start on Nystatin 100000,1 tsp 4xd. for oral thrush, what do I do? Have you heard of Threelac from GHT on line? I am looking for natural remedies, I have never been on a lot of meds. Please answer ASAP. Thank you.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied January 6th, 2012
Yeast Infection Answer A30082
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum!

First of all since you have widespread fungal infection you must be sure that you do not have diabetes. If fasting and two hour after food blood samples show normal results, get a glucose tolerance test done. Get your kidney function tested too.
Systemic fungal infection is possible such as Candidiasis, Aspergillosis, Histoplasmosis, Blastomycosis, and Coccidioidomycosis. However these are seen in immunocompromised patients such as those on chemotherapy, dialysis, renal dysfunction, HIV, or other STDs or in patients with diabetes. Rarely this is seen in healthy individuals.

Early diagnosis of systemic fungal infection is possible through Sandwich ELISA for circulating galactomannan, and Polymerase chain reaction (PCR). I am sorry but am not aware of the tests you mentioned.
Please consult your dermatologist and internal medicine specialist regarding this. Hope this helps. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Yeast Infection , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.