Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

is the Brain burning effect permanent by champix?

I had been used champix for 6 weeks from July to September in 2012 .I could not use it for 12 weeks because I have so many side effect . I have been feeling my brain is burning, like my brain so tight and neuropathic pain. English is not my first language, I am so sorry about this. I thought like I was die. My symptoms: burning brain, tight brain, numbness, epilepsy seizures(2 times),headache, migraine, crying, blurred vision, bleeding vomit, post nasal drip, blocked nose, back ache. I went to Hospital and They checked my Brain MR, Blood and urine test. Eveything are ok but my brain is still burning, I lost 9 kg in 10 days. My doctor gived me a Cymbalta but I have to stop it because I gained 20 kg in a month. Please give me an advice , I do not want to gain kg because I am already overweight but I want to my life back. is the Brain burning effect permanent by champix? please tell me,what is the best product (no gain weight and reduces brain burning nerve damage)
Many Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 18th, 2013
I agree that Champix is a miserable drug for some people. In spite of this, I think your symptoms are well beyond even the worst side effects of this medication. It seams you have a bad depression and need to see a professional.

Providing Top Neurology Services in the New York area. Excellence in treating headaches, dizziness, and head pain.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Neurological Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.