Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Is that normal that my menstruation is late after i lost my virg

i lost my virginity at valentine's day with my boyfriend without using condom but he is 100% sure he did not put anything in. My period supposed to arrive at 17th February but because i lost my virginity few days before that i think that effected it. But it is 7th March now and i am still not on my period however my belly hurts down at the bottom since 2-3 days (like it always hurts few days before im getting my menstruation). I am really scared of that thing which comes before sperm and that contains a small percent of sperm too... Please help!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 8th, 2016
Community Volunteer
Having sex does not really modify your cycle. Your cycle is controlled by your hormones. Having sex does not change your hormones or their cycle.

Worrying and stress can however delay your period.

The good news is that you had sex in the time of your cycle that women are typically not fertile. That does not mean that it is impossible to get pregnant, but something must go wrong in your cycle to be fertile then. So it is unlikely.

You can take a pregnancy test to make sure. Make sure you follow the instructions exactly.

Please make another plan. If you want to have sex like an adult, take responsibility like an adult and protect yourself.
|

User Profile
replied March 31st, 2016
Welcome to e health forum.

The first day of your menstrual bleeding is the first day of your cycle.

Chances of pregnancy in healthy woman, after a single episode of unprotected sexual intercourse is only about 20-25 %, provided the woman has a healthy and regular menstrual cycles, the intercourse occurred during the fertile period of her menstrual cycle (day 12 - 16 of the menstrual cycle of 28 days).

Having sex in the days out of this fertile period (that is day 1 to 11 & 17 - 28 ) would be less likely to result in pregnancy, and it is considered to be the Safe period.

Losing your virginity , has nothing to do with changes in your monthly cycle, unless you had unprotected sex in the ovulatory phase and you have conceived.

But if there is no intravaginal ejaculation, or if barrier methods were used, there is no chance of pregnancy.

If your previous cycles were regular and without any variation, and the current change has occurred for the first time, then it is likely that stress or anxiety could be the cause of your cycle changes.

Possibly you are guilty about having sex or having fears about pregnancy, etc. This can be highly stressful.

Stress certainly plays a role in suppressing the functioning of the hypothalamus, which controls the pituitary gland — the body's master gland — which, in turn, controls the thyroid and adrenal glands and the ovaries; they all work together to manage hormones. Any change in the hormonal equilibrium can hence affect the menstrual cycle.

Please consult your doctor and get a examination done. If everything else is normal, you need not be worried.

I hope this helps.
|
Tags: Menstruation
Quick Reply
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.