Medical Questions > Mens Health > Birth Control - Men Forum

is she pregnant? And have i possibility of HIV

User Profile
I am 18 years old. I Had sex with my girlfriend yesterday at 5pm(Bangladesh GMT+6). It was her period time. Her period was started 1day ago. I didn't use a condom. After having sex she taken pregnancy stop pills "No Risk" which was suggested to take after 12 hours after having sex. And she taken another pills after 12 hours. But no blooding was held, and also her period stopped.
Now please tell me is she pregnant? And have i possibility of HIV(Aids)?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 31st, 2015
Birth Control - Men Answer A50946
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out.

Pregnancy occurs only during the time of ovulation. Ovulation is the release of a single, mature egg from a follicle that developed in the ovary. It usually occurs regularly, around day 14 of a 28-day menstrual cycle. One cannot become pregnant on the second day of menstrual cycles. Moreover she had taken post coital birth control pills. So chances of pregnancy are less.

However if you had unprotected intercourse, then chances of HIV are there.

Many people do not develop symptoms after they first get infected with HIV. Others have a flu-like illness within several days to weeks after exposure to the virus. Hence you can get ELISA test done to rule out HIV. HIV testing is done with a blood test and is done in full confidentiality. The blood is first tested by ELISA test which is a screening test which looks for antibodies in the blood. Confirmation is only done by specific tests for HIV like western blot,PCR and ELISA.These tests may show accuracy after 6 weeks to 6 months as HIV antibodies take time to develop in the body.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Birth Control - Men , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.