Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Relationships Forum

is she bipolar or am i over reacting?

User Profile
Hi everyone,
I'm so happy i came across this site I have been off and on with an amazing girl for the past 3 years, but during our longest break which was 9 months i started to realize that maybe there is more going on to her then just an anger problem. She was great in the beginning, but after a while she would start to get angry for no reason at all. I could sneeze and she would flip. This is also why we are off and on a lot she randomly feels like she needs a break then out of no where texts me she loves me and is in tears about how much she cares.Then a hour later tells me she hates me. Its very confusing.When things are good i have noticed that she is very optimistic and is very focused on her dance career at one point she had three jobs and worked everyday just to do it. She talks about her dreams but her details are over the top to where its hard to follow at times.

I'm not a doctor but i really feel like she could be bipolar. She also has said that she doesn't know why she treats me bad, but feels like she cant control it. Sometimes when she is randomly mad she is able to not contact me and makes up any small excuse why its my fault. I'm not sure what to do she has said that she might be bipolar but hasn't got checked.

From experience, what do you guys think..could it be or am i over reacting?
also if she is how do i deal with it?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 30th, 2013
I am not a doctor, but is clear that she is over stressing having THREE jobs!!! I think what your girlfriend needs is to let go one even two of her jobs, because is understandable is working under a lot of pressure. Is too much for a human being. She can focus then on her dancing career because is going to have the time she needs in order to conquer her dreams. Again I am not a doctor, but if you takes her to a physiologist and explain same I promised she may receive same advise.
|

replied June 30th, 2013
I am sure that the actions of your girlfriend is due stress
Hi I am not a doctor either, It is clear that what is happening to your girlfriend is that she has been working under a lot of pressure because of her three jobs. It's too much for one person. She should leave one of those jobs or two, so she may have more time for her to relax and follow her dancing career.I'm sure she is not bipolar. Well if you love her a lot, you should help her financially so she can quit one or two of her jobs. I think a human being is not a machine, I am sure that all her actions are caused for her multiple responsibilities. If having one job is stressful dealing with many people's personalities, I do not want to imagining having three jobs. Is too much for one person to handle. I used to had a full time job, that caused me too much stress, sometimes I did not want to see nobody, and got angry when friends called, or anyone. Thanks GOD I do not have that stressful job anymore and I am back again being a happier person. While having that stressful job, I did not have time for my family, my friends and myself, not anymore. I am happy. As my mom advised is better to eat less and be happy and do not eat a lot and be angry and stressed. I hope you understand my expression. She is overwhelming herself without thinking that she is risking her own health.
|