Hi everyone. I've been on a recomended nutrition plan by a Dr. Abram Hoffer where I take certain supplements. In addition to the supplements he recomends, I also take a lot of thee ones recomended in a book called "prescription for nutritional healing." All the supplements recomended to me are for schizophrenics.

I've seen a huge improvement since I started in June. Which was less than 3 months ago. The improvement has been so great that when I suggested to my phychiatrist we reduce my meds he agreed.

I was taking 1 60 mg geodon capsule b4 bed. and 2 depakote 500 mg pills before bed. theyve both been reduced. starting tomorrow ill be taking 1 40 mg capsule of geodon b4 bed, and 1 depakote 500 mg pill b4 bed.

has anyone here been on such a low dose and experienced any weight loss? my biggest trouble with my meds is that they produce considerable weight gain. before i was on the meds i weighed between 185-200 now im 240-250 /=
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 24th, 2012
I am on abilify 15 mgs and want to try out the niacin vitamin therapy by Hoffer. I am reading 3 motnhs of info on it and in 14 days I am having my next appointment with a orthomolecular therapeut.

This is how I think the amount I should take. mayne you can give me advice as you have been on them much longer. How are you doing righ tnow after a year?

niacin: 1500
c: 3000
b complex: 100
B6: 50
zinc: 30
omega 3: 3000 mgs fish oil capsules
magnesium: ?
maganese: ?
perhaps B12 in case of depresion?

thanks

karamelo
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....