Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

is PCS in women who have not been pregnant common?

User Profile
How common is PCS in women who have not been pregnant? How sever is this condition?

I recently had a laparoscopy done in search of Endometriosis on 7/11/2014. No sign of Endometriosis was found but multiple varicose veins were found on my uterus. I am 26 years old and never been pregnant.I have had chronic pelvic and lower back pain since I was 21. During my menstrual cycles my pain is so sever that I can barley walk. It is painful in my pelvis after I urinate and have a bowel movement. My stomach will bloat before my period so much I look pregnant. I pass large blood clots during my period. I will spot in between my periods. I can sometimes have 2 periods in 1 month or skip a month. Intercourse is painful with deep penetration.I have a "yo-yo" weight.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 13th, 2014
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A48265
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
PCOS is one of the causes for infertility as it causes anovulatory menstrual cycles making conception difficult. The other symptoms that you describe could be due to PID, pelvic adhesions, adenomyosis, endometriosis, pelvic congestion etc. The exact cause can only be made out after careful evaluation. Do not ignore your symptoms. Visit your doctor/gynecologist for thorough examination evaluation clarification and get started on treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and evaluation results) to control the symptoms and regulate your periods. Look out for development of any other new symptoms. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ovulation and Ovaries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.