Medical Questions > Parenting > Infants Forum

IS it too late to send an 11 month old to daycare?

i have a 11 month old. I am with my baby all day every day. I mean i rarely go anywhere with out her. Recently i have been wanting and needing to go back to work and i havent worked in over a year. I am mostly a home body and when me and her daddy went out to a bar for a couple of hours (about 3 hours gone) to just get away she cried 2 of the three hours when my mom kept her because i was gone. When i go somewhere for a couple of hours she usually doesnt fuss and now i think its getting pretty serious since she is older and know that i am gone. So i am at a lost i dont know what to do and i really dont trust daycares but yet i want her to learn and learn from other babies. Is it too late to put her in any? ANd how can i let her know that i''l be gone for awhile and be back to get her ? I mean is there any other people with the same problem as me?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 5th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
It is possible to put her in daycare and it would be good for her actually in this situation. She has to learn that it's okay to be away from mommy for a little while-especially if you have to work. I work in a daycare and kids come in at all different ages. When they first start, they usually cry for a few minutes while mom's there and as soon as you leave they get over it pretty quick. There's so much for them to do and play with that it distracts them. It's great for them to play with other children. They can learn so many skills that might have taken longer otherwise. It will be okay if you put her in daycare. When you leave her, hug and kiss her, tell her you love her and then let her know you will be back to get her.
|

User Profile
replied June 8th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I was 3yrs old when I first went to daycare, and I just cried and cried, until I forgot why I was crying, lol. If they have something to distract them (toys, TV, etc) then they will be fine. Plus, like monkeygirl said, the social interaction is great for them.
|
Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....