Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

Is it to soon to knw if im pregnant?

Its been two days since i had sex with my boyfriend and since than i havent felt the same , i been craming , throwing up and etc. Is it to soon to knw if im pregnant
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 19th, 2016
Extremely eHealthy
Two days is too soon. Maybe you were fooling around some time previous and are now feeling the consequences. Run a home pregnancy test when your period is late or light. If your last period was light and you had contact a couple of weeks earlier the time to test might be now.
|

User Profile
replied April 24th, 2016
FYI, Pregnancy can occur, only when ejaculation occurs within the vagina, and when the woman is within the fertile period of your cycle. This period is from day 12 to day 16 of a 28 day menstrual cycle.

The possible symptoms that are common in pregnancy include - Missed periods, Breast tenderness, Nausea in the early morning, Vaginal discharge from pinkish white to brownish, Spotting, Fatigue and Increased urge to urinate.

Diagnosis of pregnancy cannot be done just based on the signs and symptoms within a few days of conception.

The best and easy way to confirm if you are pregnant would be to do a urine pregnancy test at home.

Home pregnancy urine tests are very sensitive and are around 97% accurate when done correctly. Such tests can be done at least 1 day after you have missed your monthly period (which otherwise where normally regular). If it is negative, a repeat test after 7 days of missing the period, would definitely be confirmatory.

The other option would be to do the tests in the hospital or a laboratory, where blood levels of HCG hormone can be estimated to know the proper diagnosis.

In case of any doubts, consulting your OBGYN Doctor would also be recommended who can provide you clear information if you are pregnant or not.
|
Tags: Pregnancy
Quick Reply
Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.