Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Yeast Infection Forum

is it thrush? how do i avoid getting it again?

User Profile
For the last 2 weeks i have had a very sore and ichy vagin, it stings with i pee and is very uncomfortable. Also white discharge has been left on my under pants. Do I need to see of doctor? is it thrush? how do I get rid of it and how do i avoid getting it again?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 8th, 2012
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A35784
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The symptoms that you describe could suggest vaginal infection and UTI. Do not ignore your symptoms. Visit your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for examination and vaginal swab/smear test and urine analysis to look for causative agent. Get started on appropriate treatment as indicated by the examination findings and investigation results. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. Avoid vaginal douching, use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Avoid sweat accumulation in the area. If infective cause is detected, and if you are sexually active, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection, and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Yeast infection and candida albicans basics - we review causes and risk factors. Start learning how to fight yeast infections by clicking here....
Yeast infections affect warm, moist parts of the body. Learn the signs and symptoms of yeast infections as they appear on the skin, oral and genital areas....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Yeast Infection , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.