Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Is it stress? or a eating disorder?

it started this month.
i havent been able to eat or look or even think of food without wanting to throw up. i gag if i try to eat or if i see food and even think it. there are times where i wont eat all for a whole day but a cracker or a light snack, I get the sensation of starvation, and i just want to feast! but even in that state if i try, i gag. my pysichal features are changing im obviously loosing weight and looking old im only 17. there are days where i am able to eat abit more like a light lunch but other than that; what im going to eat for breakfast,lunch,and dinner? is just not part of my daily desisions. and also if i do eat a real meal and finnish it with in the same hour i've eaten i get a stomachache and in 15-20 mins i need to use the bathroom having diaria. though i may add i have been going through a lot of changes. im becoming a senior and theres a lot of family changes. my mom says its stress and i just have to relax. but i honestly dont know how to do that.im not doing this on purpose and its troubling me.i dont like how i look and its causing worries to my loved ones. how can i stop gagging? and how can i bring myself to normal eating habits? i just want to be happy and normal agian. please help?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile CarolineEF
|

User Profile
replied August 31st, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi Dream_Exposed and welcome to ehealth:...I think it is more than a little of both...You are stressed out with both family changes and being a Senior...However, along the line you have also picked up a new and potentially very bad habit of not eating...You gag, because your mind tells you too...You eat little, because you are programming yourself to feel this way...You get a stomach ache, because you will it...You think it is supposed to come, so it does...My best advice is to get some help...Tell your Mom and go and see a doctor...I think a visit with a Nutritionist is also in order...This way you will learn what you must eat and when you are getting yourself in trouble....

I think you are very wise in asking for help....Kudos to you...Good luck and take care...

Caroline
|
Users who thank CarolineEF for this post: my_thoughts 

replied September 8th, 2011
Reconizing eating disorders
Look here to recognize eating disorder
http://infodisease.com/Recognizing-eating- disorders.php
|
Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....