Medical Questions > Cancer > Cancers Forum

Is it really true that cancer can be prevented?

Is it really true that cancer can be prevented? My colleague was recently diagnosed with it and that sort of has scared me a bit.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 2nd, 2011
Yes cancer is completely curable if detected at an early stage. The external factors leading to cancer can surely be controlled. I just read in a magazine last week, according to a research study about 90 percent of the 800,000 skin cancers diagnosed could have been prevented by protection from the sun’s rays. All cancers caused by cigarette smoking and heavy use of alcohol could be prevented completely. That doesn’t mean you go on a drinking/ smoking spree. Keep it under control. Even the food you eat, if they are high in fruits, vegetables, and fiber there’s a good chance to reduce the incidence of some types of cancers. Regular screening and self-exams can detect cancers of the breast, tongue, mouth, colon, rectum, cervix, prostate, testis and skin at an early stage, when treatment is more likely to be successful. So you see, early detection is the key here. Why don’t you get yourself tested and put your doubts to rest. You must be wondering how I know so much eh? Well, while researching I came across this site www.mediangels which was literally like a treasure trove, brimming with loads and loads of info. Specially for cancer itself there were plenty of expert doctors, 32 at my last count. Do check it out and hope it clarifies all your doubts.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Cancer
Quick Reply
Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....