Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

Is it possible for older women to firm up sagging arms?

I am 68 years old & have done some weight training on and off my whole life, but mostly off the last 5 years. My arms are so flabby even though they're thin, the skin just hangs down. I kept them covered all last summer and decided to start doing arm exercises again to get in shape for next summer. After 6 months of biceps & triceps exercises with increasing weights 3 times a week, I see no improvement. Do I need to try even harder than what has worked in the past, or is it just not possible for older women to regain firm arms once they're gone no matter how hard you try?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 9th, 2014
Community Volunteer
Hi MillieLou...The only way I know of to do this is to have the excess skin removed...This often happens when women lose weight and is not an unusual surgery...You may want to check it out for your comfort level alone...Take care...

Caroline...
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....