Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Dental Health Forum

Is it always necesarry to remove wisdom teeth?

I'm 23 and my wisdom teeth have started to show up, none on the top but two in my bottom jaw. They're not all the way out yet but so far they seem to be coming in straight and there looks to be enough room for them. There was a little pain when they first broke through the gum, but aside from that there's no pain or swelling or anything. Haven't had any insurance for a while so I haven't been to a dentist in years, so I don't have any recent xrays. I think my mom had a few impacted wisdom teeth but aside from that I don't know of any other problems in my family, I think my dad and siblings just had them pulled before they did much of anything. Is it common at all for wisdom teeth to just come in normally?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 20th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Yes, mine came in fine...I have lost two and the other two are fine anchors for an expensive bridge...
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Bad breath can often be the first sign of a disease. But how do doctors define bad breath and what are the major causes of bad breath?...
Did you know that bad breath can be associated with sinus problems? Learn more about the common (and unfamiliar) causes of bad breath here....
Did you know that symptoms of bad breath depend upon medical cause? More here on major causes and related symptoms of bad breath...plus when to seek help....