User Profile
Is it a hangover or a concussion? I smacked my head several times drunk but woke up the next day feeling fine. Several hours later I started getting sicker and couldn't keep myself awake for long periods of time. Now I want to throw up and my head is killing me. My neck also feels really stiff. Now all I can do is sit here and sleep and pray I don't throw up everywhere. Even my roommates say my behavior has weirdly changed since the party and I can't remember a lot of what happened.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 2nd, 2015
Welcome to e health forum.

Your condition could be due to a combination of alcohol hangover, Neck sprain (due to possible injury when you banged your head) or possible injury of soft tissues of your head.

Try to take rest for a few hours and most likely they will subside without any after effects.

If the symptoms persist for longer durations, you will need to see a doctor, as the exact cause cannot be ascertained without a proper physical examination.

Hence It would be best if you consult your doctor who can examine you and then decide if you need any kind of treatment.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Tags: Headache
Quick Reply
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Headache and Migraines , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.