Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

is HIV only transmitted inside body?

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
User Profile

My glans touched her vulva .

I did no rub my penis on her Vagina also the was no Penetration at all.

Just touched my penis to her vagina and may be her vaginal fluid touched my penis head .

But i read somewhere

1) There is no risk for acquiring HIV from such accident ,
2) HIV transmission required penetration, as in a bare penis inside a
vaginal or rectum.

3) Frottage, or genital apposition, is never a risk forHIV transmission because the conditions for transmission do not exist outside the body.

4) It is transmitted sexually inside the body, only. There is no recorded exception by such way.HIV is only ever transmitted, sexually, when a penis is inside a vagina or anus.

Please Explain does above statements are correct , it need penetration or can penis can suck viginal fluid and cause hiv.

Please Explain briefly

Need a help .

Thanks and regards

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied May 25th, 2011
HIV and AIDS Answer A23377
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

Contact of genitals do involve contact with genital secretions, and does not rule out the possibility of infection.

The risk of HIV infection, depends on whether the person is actually infected and if so, what are her viral load levels in the blood.

In case the loads are very high, and she is not on any form of treatment, then, chances of virions in vaginal fluid, would be high.

Though, the risk of infection, by just genital contact, without complete intercourse is comparatively very less, that that due to complete intercourse, the risk is still there.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.