Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sexually Transmitted Diseases Forum

is 3 days too soon or will I see accurate results.

User Profile
Hi, I'm a 29 year old male. a little over a week ago I had unprotected oral sex with a new partner. I've been with the same partner for serial years until this one visit with the new partner. 2 days after the new partner exposure I am having the urge to urinate more frequently and seems to come and go. Sometimes it feels like I always have to urinate and others it's normal. I also have a slight burn or tingle during urination but not painful. I got tested for chlamydia and ghonarea 3 days after the encounter with the new partner and tested negative. So my questions are, is 3 days too soon or will I see accurate results from urine culture? Should I not have sex with my old partner until my fellow up in 5 days? Could it be something other than a std? Thanks for all your help

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied April 16th, 2016
Sexually Transmitted Diseases Answer A56760
Welcome to this forum.
Truly speaking. though there's admittedly less risk of STIs in oral sex than in vaginal or anal sex, the risk still exists.Thus the probability is you are having an urinary infection and it is definitely an STD.
And yes,it is too early to get a result for either of them and you need to repeat them after 6 days.
Regarding sex,only if you want to take the risk to transmit it to your partner,then have it. Otherwise,just wait for a retesting and antibiotics.
Dr Sanjoy

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chlamydia is the most common STD in the U.S. Learn how this potentially serious sexually transmitted disease is spread so you can protect yourself....
Learn more about the germ that causes this sexually transmitted infection (STI) and evaluate whether or not you are at high risk of getting chlamydia here....
Left untreated, chlamydia can cause serious complications such as infertility. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of chlamydia here to prevent illness....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Sexually Transmitted Diseases , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.