Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Cholesterol Forum

Is Cardiovascular disease prevent

Hi

I want some suggestions about how to stop cardiovascular disease? Please help me
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 9th, 2011
Hello and thank you for your post on e health forum.

Here are a few steps, which will benefit you to reduce risk of cardiovascular disease -

1. Screening for conditions like high blood pressure, diabetes mellitus, cholesterol etc

2. Adherance to medications for prior medical conditions strictly and religiously.

3. Make sure your blood pressure is controlled. ideal Below 130 / 80 mmhg.

4. Make sure that your blood cholesterol levels are normal.

5. Follow a healthy diet and maintain a BMI below 25

6. Regular physical exercises at least 5 times in a week - will help you very much.

7. Quit drinking alcohol and smoking.

You might benefit by consulting a doctor, who after examination and reviewing your prior medical history will guide you properly for further management.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about various conditions and diseases, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options....
Learn about risk factors to developing a certain conditions and diseases. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for certain conditions and diseases....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Cholesterol , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.