Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

is any palpable epitrochlear node considered pathologic?

User Profile
I posted an earlier question regarding 1 cm posterior neck lymphnode and an epitrochlear node around 5mm. I received and answer that stated that it sounds like nothing to worry about, the same thing my many doctors have said about this situation. My question is this: I have read that a 5ish mm epitrochlear node is still normal but have also read from oncolgy websites and journals that any palpable epitrochlear node is considered pathologic. How is this possible? if an apitrochlear node is 5 mm or so than obviously it will be palpable. Am i reading too much in to this or does this not make sense? Please clear this up for me. Thanks

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 7th, 2011
Lymphoma Answer A25779
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If the lymph is suspected to be cancerous, you can request your treating doctor to get an FNAC (fine needle aspiration cytology) test done to confirm the cell type (it will not be done if any vascular involvement is suspected). Be in regular follow-up with your treating doctor. Your symptoms, examination findings and investigation results should be correlated to arrive at diagnosis. Do not rely on mere website reading to come to any conclusion.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Tags: Lymphoma, sense, neck
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.