User Profile
Hi my name is Dinka. I know that it says that I should ask a medical or question, but I have to ask someone and it is kind of a medical question.
I think I might have amenia because I have almost all the symptoms and my parents also think that I have amenia. Actually I am not sure what they think, but before I read all the things about anemia on the internet I just thought it is nothing serious. I am not sure what my parents think if it I have it or not but I know they think that it is not a serious disease. I think that they will not take me serious if I tell them and that they will just scream at me. It's not that I want to have some kind of a disease or something, trust me I don't. I think I should tell them about my finding about anemia on internet. Can you please tell me if anemia is serious diesease or not? Because I am really scared after what I read!
Hope you will send me a responds soon, thank you!
Dinka

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 25th, 2011
is anemia a serious disease?
Hi, welcome to the ehealth forum and I am glad to help you.
You seem concerned about anemia, a condition which is characterized by decreased production of healthy RBCs and is associated with generalized symptoms of weakness, tiredness and fatigue.
Firstly, the type of anemia should be identified by appropriate tests as the treatment of the anemia varies greatly. So, the underlying cause of the anemia should be identified and corrected.Anemia is curable in many cases and the overall prognosis depends on the underlying cause of anemia, its severity, and the overall health of the patient.
But if left untreated, it can lead to several complications such as secondary organ dysfunction or organ failure, cardiac failure, increased incidence of infections in the upper respiratory tract, urinary tract etc, poor memory and poor concentration.
You must consult your doctor for the definitive diagnosis and treatment as the same cannot be made online.
Hope this helps. Take care.
Note: This post is not to emphasise final diagnosis as the same cannot be made online and is aimed just to provide medical information and no treatment suggested above be taken without face to face consultation with health care professional.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn the basics about various conditions and diseases, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options....
Learn about risk factors to developing a certain conditions and diseases. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for certain conditions and diseases....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Blood Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.