replied May 1st, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
That was easy!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank oopoop for this post: msrosie 

replied May 1st, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
Human by species - yes. Deserving of the rights of human beings/people - no.

An ectopic pregnancy is human by species, doesn't mean women should die with it. Pregnancies may have a human embryo/foetus, it doesn't mean it needs to/has rights to be born.
|

replied May 9th, 2012
Well IF you say it is a human by species, than according to the constitution, this HUMAN, no matter its stage of development, has the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness!
|
Users who thank Carrot101 for this post: Chuz_Life 

replied May 9th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
Forunately, that is a load of rubbish!
|

replied May 11th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
Carrot101 wrote:
Well IF you say it is a human by species, than according to the constitution, this HUMAN, no matter its stage of development, has the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness!

Erm... No! Being human doesn't mean a right to life. Human rights apply to people (i.e. those who have been born alive).

I'm not American so I, quite frankly, don't give a flip what your interpretation of the constitution is or what you feel it means for embryos or foetuses. They don't have a right to life (if they did it would supersede those of born humans). Development matters. If it cannot survive without the body of another, it doesn't have rights.

Saying that, an ectopic pregnancy also has a human foetus/embryo involved. Should "it's" rights mean the woman should die for it? Or do foetuses only have rights when they are inconveniencing women?
|

replied July 5th, 2012
When does personhood begin?
Is this the final ansuh?

----

Abortion foes never want

To admit the fact they wont confront:

Those unviable tissues that they treasure

Are not babies by any measure.

-- Ken Spalding
|

replied July 5th, 2012
Is this the final ansuh?

----

“Abortion foes never want

To admit the fact they won’t confront:

Those unviable tissues that they treasure

Are not babies by any measure.”

-- Ken Spalding
|

User Profile
replied July 26th, 2012
"Fetuses" are BABIES. They live. They are alive. The only differences between "fetuses" and like toddlers are...
1- Size. Does the fact that the fetus is smaller affect the fact that it's human? No. Being bigger does not make someone more human.
2- Level of Development. Fetuses are less developed than, for example, a 14-year-old. Does that make an 18-year-old more human than a 5-year-old? No.
3- Environment. Fetuses are in their mother's womb. What difference does that make? Does that mean being human depends on where they are? No.
4- Dependency. Fetuses are dependent on their mothers. Does that mean that 32-year-olds living on their own are more human than 8-year-olds who need someone to take care of them? No.
So how are the unborn less human than anyone else? Why don't they have rights?
Some believe that the unborn are just "a clump of tissue." If scientists find "a clump of tissue" on another planet, it would be considered life. So why aren't babies? They move and breathe and live and eat. What's the difference between them and you?
|

replied July 27th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
It's not alive if it is leeching off another person. Yuck just gross.
|

replied August 14th, 2012
Active User, very eHealthy
The difference is that fetuses are living in and attached to the bodies of women, thereby impacting the women's bodies in a great way, sometimes causing their deaths.
|

replied August 16th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
Sonny728 wrote:

3- Environment. Fetuses are in their mother's womb. What difference does that make? Does that mean being human depends on where they are? No.
4- Dependency. Fetuses are dependent on their mothers.

Actually, living in my uterus makes a hell of a lot of difference. It's *my* womb, if I don't want it inhabited then I will use my rights to remove a human embryo or foetus as I see fit.

As for dependency, you clearly miss the point. An 8 year old can be dependent on anyone - it doesn't have to be the natural mother. The same is true for a newborn. They do not, however, rely on the body of one person alone. An embryo or foetus relies completely on the bodily resources of the woman. If she doesn't want it there then she's well within her rights to remove it.
|
Users who thank Moo for this post: msrosie 

replied September 13th, 2012
Experienced User
yes a fetus is a human!! fetus is a Latin word for baby, a baby is a human, a fetus has a heartbeat you and i have a heartbeats we are all humans, i stand for life!

proud mum of 4
|

replied September 14th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
So at what point is it a human being? When your period is two weeks late, and you actually technically miscarrying at that point, do you have a funeral for your tampon?
|

replied September 14th, 2012
Experienced User
if you cant bring any adult like answers to the forum then,i think you should take it elsewhere......its a human from conception......
|

replied September 15th, 2012
Extremely eHealthy
clbernadetteh wrote:
its a human from conception......

I'm not going to disagree with you there. Human pregnancy doesn't mean there is a howler monkey foetus in the uterus now does it. That doesn't mean it has importance over the pregnant woman and she can do as she so chooses.
|

Experienced User
your so full of it and your so wrong!! its not a choice its a child with a heartbeat! fetus is a Latin word baby, do some more research my freind! to god everyone is equal no one is better than anyone else... your statement is invalid! funny how choicers always bring monkeys into the debate when they dont know how to back up their statements! what about the babies rights?
|

Extremely eHealthy
juillet wrote:
I truly admire you for standing up for life.

How does one 'stand up for life'? Does it involve pestering women who know their own situation better than a stranger? Believing you know better than the individual women involved in choosing abortion?
|

Experienced User
shows how much you have researched my freind! standing up for life is saying everyone deserves a chance at life we dont agree with murdering anyone at any life stage and its saying you will support women in crisis....help them see the light...have your heard of something called adoption? we are not pestering women as you say...i try to help many as possible through prayer! abortion is murder dont try to sugarcoat it! out god is very forgiving so if one has had a abortion and is truly sorry he will forgive you! "you shall not kill"
|

replied September 16th, 2012
Active User, very eHealthy
1. Abortion, where legal, is not and cannot be murder.

2. I am adopted and I would never inflict that on a child. Besides, adoption is not an option for the woman who does not wish to gestate and give birth.

3. Not everyone believes in your god.
|
Users who thank msrosie for this post: Moo 

Experienced User
1. yes it is do you really trust in your government?

2.adoption is much better than killing a child

2.not everyone believes in your opinions or beliefs either
|

Extremely eHealthy
clbernadetteh wrote:
your so full of it and your so wrong!! its not a choice its a child with a heartbeat! fetus is a Latin word baby, do some more research my freind! to god everyone is equal no one is better than anyone else... your statement is invalid! funny how choicers always bring monkeys into the debate when they dont know how to back up their statements! what about the babies rights?

I am neither 'full of it' nor wrong. You may not believe it to be a choice, I do and the law supports this. If you don't believe in abortion then that's fine - your choice. Don't have one. I believe it is a choice and one I would exercise should the situation arise where it would be in the best interests not to continue a pregnancy. A choice I have made before and stand by.

Personally I don't really care about Latin (aside from when it arises in my work.) I know about human development, a heartbeat doesn't change my opinion on abortion. A foetus does not have rights. If it did the pregnant woman's would be superseded which really would be a breach of human rights.
|

Extremely eHealthy
clbernadetteh wrote:
shows how much you have researched my freind! standing up for life is saying everyone deserves a chance at life we dont agree with murdering anyone at any life stage and its saying you will support women in crisis....help them see the light...have your heard of something called adoption? we are not pestering women as you say...i try to help many as possible through prayer! abortion is murder dont try to sugarcoat it! out god is very forgiving so if one has had a abortion and is truly sorry he will forgive you! "you shall not kill"

Well, it isn't murder. I would like to point out that murder has a legal definition and abortion is not, nor has ever been, murder. No sugar-coating required 'my friend'.

I have indeed heard of adoption. It is a parenting option, not a pregnancy one. If a woman doesn't wish to gestate for nine months so someone else can have a child that is her choice.

Maybe people do not need or wish your prayers. Maybe we don't feel we need forgiveness. The simple fact is that you do not know the individual situations where abortion is chosen. Women who choose abortion do not need to be saved or find the light. If the decision is right for her and her family that really is all that matters.
|
Quick Reply