Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

irritable around boyfriend and family.

i get very irritable around my boyfriend and my family. i have had this problem with every boyfriend ive ever had, where i get very irritated by 'dumb' things he says, or by his loud chewing or immaturity, and once im annoyed and irritated i cant get out of that mood. pretty much our day is ruined because i am uncontrollably grumpy and rude and mean and not loving. he is a great boyfriend but i keep ruining our days by being in a bad mood. i feel possessed and almost feel like he deserves it, i get angry and dont know how to control it. i have tried just ignoring it and trying to be happy, but the underlying mood is still there and it is obvious im not my happy self. sometimes i am in a bad mood before i even see him. i have the same problem with my sister and dad. My sister annoys me with every word she says and i am very snappy and rude. My dad also is very annoying and gets me irritable as well. i spend most time with my boyfriend and dont want us to break up because he means the world to me, but i cant stop being in bad moods. has anyone experienced this or know whats wrong with me???
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 8th, 2010
Experienced User
It can be a hormone inbalance they can cause lots of crazy things to happen in our behaviour.
Another area that affects this is our nutritional balance, there are certain minerals etc that need to be balanced against each other the first two are calcium & magnesium & when these are in correct ratio we are calmer & less agrivated. A good orthomolecular nutritionist can safely help you with all of these issues.
The only other thing is, are you getting the respect from these people that we all have a right to? some people have negative attitudes to everything & that really drags me down & i tend to respond in a stressed way but they receive it that i am angry but they dont see the stress or anguish because i cre too much about them also!
Hope this helps!
Any replies are welcome!
|

replied October 8th, 2010
If it is a hormone imbalance what can i do to put it in balance?
Thanks for all your helpful advice!
|

User Profile
replied October 9th, 2010
Experienced User
Ok there are natural cremes that don't have negative side effects, but you really need to be guided by a professional orthomolecular nutritionist because it is about balance. Do a google search for someone near you.
Or even see a naturopath & a good one of these should be able to help you adjust your diet to help you cause this to balance.
I can help you to a certain degree but i can only be limited as i cant test you for the things that are out of balance, i could teach you how to understand & learn for yourself but it takes time & is not easy, especially on line like this! Seeing some one is your best start!
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...