For background I started getting my period maybe around the age of 11. I had extremely heavy periods that would last longer than average and then come back again in two weeks or sometimes shorter so my doctors put me on birth control at the age of 12 because they were afraid it would lead to health issues. In February of 2018 (Age 1Cool I went off birth control and my periods were normal up until around July 2018 when they started to become more frequent and heavier again. (Age 19) then in October (14-1Cool I had my period but didn’t get another period until 23rd of December! (Took pregnancy tests and was neg on everyone of them). And now I have my period again but heavier than I’ve experienced it ever before besides when I was so young. Is this something worth the trip to the doctors or no?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 16th, 2019
Thanks for your question.
You have a persistently irregular cycle with more than average flow which can be due to diverse reasons,need to be screened out.Yes.You need to visit your doctor who can examine you and can rule out the basic pathology inside by performing a scan and few blood tests for hormonal profile and coagulation disorders.
I hope I was able to address your query. If you have any further problems, please do not hesitate to go to the doctor.
Wishing you all the best.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.