Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Getting Pregnant Forum

Irregular Period and trying to conceive.

Well, my situation is im sure like many others, these past 4 months my period usually started between the 13th and 17th at the latest. This month I have yet to start, and I am getting negative results on home tests but I have cramps sometimes but more of a sharp pain that lasts a few seconds and then I have been nauseated but its not a reoccuring thing only once and awhile, but 2 days ago I thought my period was about to start. Because that night my stomach started crawling around and it usually does that the night before I start. But that next morning nothing. And I think that I ovulated yesterday but now today I am not. I just was wondering if I still may be able to be pregnant or should I just keep trying?! Any advice would help! Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 27th, 2010
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Your current symptoms are indicative of pregnancy. Sometimes urine pregnancy test scan keep showing you false negative results (negative test even though you are pregnant) due to less concentration of pregnancy hormone (HCG) in urine. A blood HCG levels and a ultrasound scan confirms pregnancy accurately. Consider visiting your gynecologist for examination and the blood HCG level test. Do not delay in confirming/ruling out pregnancy.
Take care.

|

replied November 27th, 2010
I havent been to the gyno in about 5 years. But the whole irregular period gets me a little worried. When I was younger I usually started on the 2nd. then about 4 months ago I started on the 13th, that next month it came on the 13th also. Then last month it started on the 17th. And now I have yet to start. It feels like sometimes I am about to but when I wake up there is nothing. Im just hoping I am pregnant but I dont want to get my hopes up!
|
Must Read
If you're experiencing difficult conceiving, you are not alone. Learn how doctors define infertility and how infertility affects both men and women here....
Many things cause fertility problems. Learn common causes of infertility for men and women here, plus info on factors that affect the ability to conceive....
Sometimes fertility do not manifest any symptoms. Other times there are definite signs. Learn to identify possible problems and know when to ask for help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Getting Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.