Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Irregular period and pain with tampon

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
User Profile
Hey everyone..this is going to be a long post. Okay so i was late by 1 week and 1/2 on my period in june then got my period. July25 i started my period and it was til july 28 thats when i stopped which is unnormal for me because my period usually lasts 7-8days not 4. So Aug 4th i have light pink spotting more like discharge then on the 7 i had brownish pink light spotting(both were only when i wiped) then on the8th i woke up with my underwear not completly soked but almost with maroon colored blood i took a hpt and it was negative so i went to the ER and all they did was a uring pregnancy test and said they didnt know what was causing it and gave me pain medication. Ok so today its bright red when i wake up and heavy. Around lunch it lightened up then around 3 or 4 it lessend to just a drop when i wipe or pee. Im always tired i have severe hot flashes naseau sore boobs enlarged nipples and you can see my veins really well (i think ive went up a cup size) and ive gained weight also the inbetween my shoulderblades hurt really bad and also when i insert a tampon it is very painful. Ive been with my fiance 3 years and never had painful intercourse until july after my period. I know it isnt an std..(i have my ways of knowing). We are ttc and im healthy. So what could this be?? Im stressing here because im having all tail tail signs of pregnancy but im worried that im not going to be able to have children whatever is causing this can you give me some tips or tell me what it could be..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 10th, 2009
Hello,
This could be the problem by "spotting".Because spotting always cause neaseautic and psychological impact & many other symptoms which included even the pregnancy symptoms in womens.If you never had that kind of problem with your periods that doesn't mean that you will never have that in your future.It is the thing happens due to hormonal changes. And if I say according to my research, spotting is the huge problem for women which happens every that time in women whenever they adapt some changes internally. That you hardly can notice(changes).
But Your painful intercourse could be due to your infection in Vagina. So go to the doctor and get it resolved.Infections could cause the swelling or pain with spotting or it can be due to and intentionally not accept the intercourse.Sometimes spotting could skip the periods but which acts as an psychological impact on your body but not to worry it will not be longlasting.
I am not a doctor but I had done some research on the spotting coz I had a very long time with that problem.so According to my research that is just the thing(spotting) can not be treated. Doctors also just wait and watch and keep you busy with some medicines.The best treatment is don't be so emotionally think for this problem and give time to your spotting to be ended by itself. This only will help................
|

User Profile
Experienced User
well ive never had this happen before. but do i count this as my last period or not??
|

Nope, I believe you should wait and hold on all your assumption on that. Just wait for you next proper flow of periods for next month which could be your due date and if you don't have it next time then go for the urine test and blood test.Definitely that all will help.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
so is there any chance i couldve concieved. Me & my fiance are ttc and ive been ""trying to chart"" my ovulation but the days change all the time. Right now it says my cycle is 40 days and in june it was 31 days... IDK i really want a baby and we've tried for the longest time. I really want to concieve natrually and not with medi.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
so when do you think i will get my cycle im really confused
|

You said that you already had 40 days cycle so you have to wait for 40 days from the start of you spotting. But this problem could effect you concieving chances. This doesn't mean that you can not concieve because of spotting but you can concieve right after your periods.these are just the chances could be but not very sure coz every body has it's own type.If you want to avoid any medical treatment for your pergnancy then you should try evrytime you can because it is just not confirmed who can concieve at what time sometimes people concieved right after their periods which is not ovulation period as I had.But don't wait for the very long time.Coz if you doesn't get conceived then definitely you have to consult with doctor.But for spotting first step should be to let that have time to be stopped by it's ownself. But if it doesn't stops then go to the doctor. I had the spotting atlest for 15 days and it stops by itself but it again starts after few days of my periods.Doctor had given me the medicine which is kind of birth control which is just not good. that was all during the time I was unmarried. BUt after marriage when I started taking pills for 2 yrs I have noticed that it had been cured.Now I have no spottings. But with you the case is different.You want to concieve rught.So don't Take pills to cure your spotting It's just the thing happens due to hormonal changes and will be cured easly with time.But i fyou feel weekness then take some Iron tablets.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
so i started spotting Aug 4th my period was july 25-28 should i consider waiting 40 days from the 4th or the 25?
|

25th july, coz it's on your cycle of periods and you spots after just five days.
|
Users who thank Preeti1983 for this post: AliciaSad 

User Profile
Experienced User
i ordered a bottle of ferilaid and fertilecm hopefully i will be pregnant soon.
|

your welcome, Good Luck.................
|

User Profile
Experienced User
thank you so much...
|

User Profile
replied August 11th, 2009
Experienced User
I GOT MY FERTILAID AND MY FERTILECM HOPEFULY SOME GOOD BABY NEWS AT LEAST BY OCT. i stil feel as if iam pregnant honestly could be a number of things but i know something isnt right about my body i go to the obgyn Aug 27....
|

replied August 28th, 2009
Hey Alicia what happened then.............Did you go to the doctor ? What does she said ?
|

User Profile
replied August 28th, 2009
Experienced User
uhm they rescheduled sept 14 at 1pm.. So ima take a preg 2moro and see what it says i ovulated and had sex 2days before the day of and 2 days after so i should be pregos. my period should be sept3 so i will up date you
|

replied September 17th, 2009
hey alicia,
what happened then. did you go to the doctor?
|

User Profile
replied September 18th, 2009
Uhm My new obgyn was a dud. Im not pregnant though. He still couldnt explain anything. But oh well. Im taking fertilaid and it has regulated my period thank goodness.
I ovulated yesturday so hopefully we hit the eggie. lol. How are you doing?
|