Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

Irregular lump on neck top of jawline under ear

Hi all, I know that I can get no diagnosis here so I'm kinda more looking for is this something others might have (I have never felt anyone else's neck to check and figure they might have an issue with that...). I'm also reluctant to test with gp as was recently there for a lump in abdomen which they think is just a fatty lump (I didn't mention this as it said only one symptom per session....I haven't been to the gp in near 15 years so to go was a push for me).

At the top of my jawline near where it meets the ear I can feel an irregular feeling lump. It is hard and painless and feels almost grissly and I experience no symptoms from it other than at times an itch that I can't scratch in the general area. The other side of my jaw doesn't have this but I can feel what I imagine in the normal node when it press down a bit. It has been there for months and I have not done anything about it really. It seems to be near the tonsiller node. It’s been there for months and I’ve kinda ignored it. No other issues other than a fairly consistent pain left side of chest around the nipple area.

I’m a 36 year old male in reasonable health.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 8th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
I would suggest you ultrasound neck to sort it out. If its mass or enlarged lymph node then go for excisional biopsy.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Lymphoma
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.