Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Involuntary turning inward of eye

I am 53 years old and in general good health. Not overweight, don't smoke, don't drink more than an ocassional glass of wine and walk several times a week (except in the winter). I do take Synthroid .112 mg. Three years ago I becan experiencing periods of seeing wavy lines then my vision would gradually blur, then return to normal all within a 20-30 minutes period. It began during a period of time when my boss of 11 years had started scolding me and humiliating me in front of clients and co-workers, so I attributed it to stress. After reporting this to my doctor, an MRI was done and I was referred to an opthalmologist who diagnosed ocular migraines. The MRI revealed "white spots" in one area of the brain that were said to be normal in someone my age.

A few months ago I had an episode of my left eye involuntarily turning in causing my vision to be very distorted and I had a dizzy sensation. It's happened three times since then. It lasts for only a minute or so then returns to normal, but now there is a feeling of pressure in that eye. I am currently unemployed and have, very expensive private heath insurance, so I'm hesitant to seek medical attention. I am trying to find more affordable insurance and having something like this out there will make that impossible. On the other hand, if it's a minor thing now that left untreated will result in a bigger medical issue, I guess I'd rather deal with it now.

Could this simply be another form of migraine? Your help will be most appreciated.

Helen
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 15th, 2009
i have been told that this is from stress and it can go away after some time on its own - conversion disorder or accomadative eye spasms
|

replied July 15th, 2009
dr. Brooks is listed above on this page and he is the one who told me that! ***
|
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....