since early this year i've realized that i've been making small facial expressions, jerking my shoulder and twitching my hands at times, involuntarily... sometimes i also feel this tingling feeling on the palm of my foot - it's like as though the muscles are wriggling...

are these symptoms of tics or dystonia??
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 20th, 2008
Experienced User
They sound like common symptoms of being tired. The minds way of waking the body up suddenly, but can also occur when you are not tired at all. You sound normal everyone has it sometimes, sounds like you get it more so which could indicate that you are mentally tired but failing to acknowledge it or even when you switch off or think very hard. I highly doubt it is the beginnings of dystonia, unless you are walking along and suddenly stop walking and make a big out of control movement.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....