Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Epilepsy Forum

intractable complex partial seizures

i have now been correctly diagnosed with intractable complex partial complex epilepsy. can anyone give input regarding adding trileptal to treatment already on keppra and lamictal also doing research on vns presently not ready for surgical intervention. being a rn surgical intervention scares me to death.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 24th, 2008
Sorry, I have no experience with trileptal. Lamictal is working 100% for me. I know I'm lucky.

Best of luck!
|

replied October 30th, 2008
epilepsy
thanks to all that support people on this site appreciate it along with all the different experiences people have had have a great day doylie
|

replied January 17th, 2011
Hi well I can't give u direct drug advice but I'm somewhat of a geek & I have 34 years of this E. I have had surgical intervention. They can work but U need 2 make ur own mind up on the pros & many cons of this & antiepileptic meds.

In a bid 2 give u a clear view if u Google ps sorry this site ant mobile friendly but if u can't get Ur answer here this is the home of epilepsy action
good luck Timn.s.e.org.uk Uk will come 2 the UKs bsite with epetologists & experts in Epilepsy in U then do a search 4 u meds there u can see the pros & cons, & join the forums with people like me & many more.

Most of the people here like me r patients of the most eminent professors in epilepsy. Most work @ or with the national Nuro hospital, UCl London.

Good luck, ps if u don't l
|

replied April 24th, 2013
I am also on lamictal and kepra. I do have a VNS and it has done wonders in helping control my seizures. While I am not seizure free, this device has both decreased the number of seizures I have had as well as shorten and lesson the severity of the seizure's side effects. The surgery is outpatient and recovery time is maybe three days. Depending on how high your doctor places its frequency will determine how much your voice will be affected. After awhile, you do not notice its side effects and you learn to just "talk through" the 30 second dose of "charge" from your device. Again, I understand the apprehension that comes with the idea of surgery, but this device has helped me tremendously.
|
Must Read
Learn the basics about various conditions and diseases, including risk factors, diagnosis, and treatment options....
Learn about risk factors to developing a certain conditions and diseases. ...
Learn about screening and diagnosis options available for certain conditions and diseases....