Hello again. I have posted on this site before and only got one response. So i will try again. I have had this stomach problem for the past 3 years or so. My stomach always seem to be bloated, gassy and constipated . I even wake up bloated. I am 47 years old and i have gone to the Doctor regarding this issue on a few occasions. first, they treated me for IBS. they gave me zelnorm. It worked a little bit for a while. Then I went back. They ordered a abdominal sonogram which came back negative. Blood tests were done and they too were normal. They even checked for H Pylori and found nothing. They basically told me it was probably stress. Which I have had my share the past few years. I have changed my diet. I am really watching what I eat.
I was also told I am perimenapausal. Which I thought might have some affect on my stomach, but I don't know for sure. If anyone is out there with a possible answer or clue of what I am going through, I would really appreciate some input. I am really fed up feeling like this. It has put such a gray cloud on my life. Thanks

Brunigirl3
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 2nd, 2008
Doctor
There are few more diagnostic procedures so that all organic reasons for your condition can be ruled out. They are: occult blood test, colonoscopy, gastroscopy, microbiological examination of the stools and CT-scan. If all these investigations appears negative then you probably have irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Can you afford and stand this additional medical investigations?
When was your last menstruation and are they regular?
|

replied May 2nd, 2008
Intestinal and perimenopausal
I do have insurance. But my next question is can someone have colon cancer for this long and not have any other signs other then mine. all those other tests I did have all came back negative. I guess that's really what I am afraid of. Thanks for any help.

Brunigirl3
|

replied May 3rd, 2008
Intestines and perimenopause
i'm sorry I forgot to answer your last question regarding when was my last period. My periods are no longer every 28 days. they are now every 23 to 25 days. and they use to last 7 days, now the are only 3 to 4 days long. Although last month it did last 7 days. That hasn't happened in about a year.
I hope this helps.

Thanks for any input

Brunigirl3
|

User Profile
replied May 5th, 2008
Doctor
If you have had colon cancer for more than 3 years you would probably been death by now. Symptoms of colon cancer depends from the localization but generally without any treatment people with colon cancer can't survive 3 years.
According to your age and menstrual variations you could be in perimenopause.
|

replied May 5th, 2008
burning sensation in my throat, and chest
I have terrible heartburn, I take ranitidine to be comfortable, and my bowel movements are less frequent
|

replied May 7th, 2008
Thank you for your quick reply. I'm sure everyone these day goes on the internet to investigate symptoms they are having. It seems you can google symptoms for hang nail and the word cancer comes up. The internet can be a good thing and also an very frightening thing. I will be making another appt. with my Doctor very shortly and hope I can get to the bottom of this. Thanks Again.
|

replied April 27th, 2009
intestines and perimenopause
I have had a problem with IBS starting just recently,about 1 year. I take the probiotic ALIGN. It's not the same as the bacteria in yogurt. This works for me,other probiotics did not. I know they can do a microbial type of test on the intestinal flora.
If I am stressed I can still have anything from constipation to rapid onset diarrhes(with a lot of intestinal gas)
Have you been dieting or changed your diet?That might be an issue here.
|
Must Read
What is menopause? Peri menopause? How long does menopause last? Get the facts on menopause, "the big change", here. ...
Symptoms of menopause and perimenopause affect women in different ways. What common signs and early symptoms of menopause can alert you of "the change"?...
Consult your doctor as your body makes the perimenopause transition. But how do doctors confirm the beginning of menopause? Learn more here....