When I was a teen I began having seizures, and noticed that just before they began I would always be overwhelmed with thoughts, what they were I didn't know because they all came so fast that I couldn't read/hear them, but what I could see in my mind's eye, as it were was where they were all going; in one narrow channel until it was overwhelmed and I would then go into seizure. So, I decided that if my thoughts, whatever they were, behaved like traffic on an expressway at rush hour, unable to hold the volume I would try to train my mind to divert my thoughts into other channels to alleviate the traffic on the primary pathway; all of this as a sort of seeing in the eye of what was going on in my mind. After several exercises of this type when I could tell that a seizure was just about to begin, the seizures stopped and I've been seizure free now for both over 50 years; but then, maybe it was just a fluke. However, having, 'cured', myself I discovered that by holding a person when they start to go into a seizure will hasten how quickly they recover from the episode, and if they are often nearby, within a month they will be nearly seizure free and will no longer require medication; works on cats and dogs as well they all respond positively to touch, hold and hug. And if you can catch them in the stiffing phase they won't go into the seizure at all, and they too will become almost seizure free with no need for medication. My experience, love is better than drugs.
Did you find this post helpful?
|
Tags: Epilepsy
Quick Reply
Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....