Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Internal warm fluid from skulls back flowing down my spine/back?

Greetings, . A few years ago during a time when I was feeling alot of emotions I experienced this sensation of some warm unknown fluid release from inside the back of the base of my skull, then run down my spine and I think part way down the length of my back then stop after a few seconds. I had no other symptoms of headaches or any known medical condition that could have caused this and I haven't had another incidence since. I actually read somewhere online on a page I can no longer find that this can happen during high periods of stress in a persons life, but very infrequently occuring maybe once or twice a year to certain people. I don't remember what it said the condition was and I can't find proof of what happened to me so I would be greatful if anyone could possibly explain as an answer seems to be completely mysterious to me at this point.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 29th, 2016
Welcome to e health forum.

Headache is a very common and non specific symptom which can be attributed to conditions like psychological stress, viral or bacterial infections of the upper respiratory tract, migraines, functional disorders, vascular disorders and finally neurological infections or conditions which increase the intracranial pressure.

In case of major neurological conditions, headache is usually associated with nausea, vomiting, changes in consciousness, reduced ability to concentrate at work, blurred vision, seizures, etc. In presence of such symptoms additional investigations including a EEG can be suggested.

Muscle contraction (tension) headaches appear to involve the tightening or tensing of facial and neck muscles. Such conditions can be treated with stress reduction, muscle relaxants and painkillers.

If your pain does not improve even after 24 hours and is worsening, and you have any of the above signs and symptoms - then it may be necessary for you to consult with your doctor for a examination and proper treatment.

|

replied October 1st, 2016
Greetings Deepak. Thank you for your response and that information, but have you ever heard of any such condition as I stated where a small amount of warm liquid drains down the spine. I may have been experiencing mild headaches at the time but as far as I know I've never experienced a migraine in my life. I was perhaps also on a lack of sleep. Thanks again.
|
Tags: Stress
Quick Reply
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our General Q and A , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.