Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

Internal Hemorrhoids and terrible pain (Page 1)

User Profile
I've been having rectal bleeding and pain for the past 2-3 weeks. I went to the GI doctor and he had me go for a colonoscopy last Saturday. At the conclusion of the procedure he said it looks like internal hemorrhoids. He gave me cortisone suppositories to use for the pain and told me to up my fiber intake.

Fast forward a few days. The rectal pain is still unbearable at times, and I even had my significant other take me to the ER in the middle of the night because the pain was excruciating. The ER doc gave me Vicodin, a stool softener, and a different suppository.

Is this the way my life is going to be forever? I can't take this pain anymore. I am afraid to even go to the bathroom for a bowel movement because I know it's going to hurt so badly. thumbsdwn
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper hemmie44
|

replied October 5th, 2010
My mom has internal and external hemorrhoids. She's had it for over two years now and had surgery for it 3 times already. Doctors can't help you as much as you need to help yourself.
|

This post is being reviewed to be sure that it adheres to our Community Guidelines.
Thanks for your patience!

User Profile
replied October 6th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi Luvmyyorkie and welcome to ehealth...I love mine too... Very Happy Internal hemorrhoids can be pretty miserable...However, they will usually settle down...Have you tried sitting in a bathtub in hot water?...Even though they are internal this can help if you hold your anus slightly open so that the water spreads inside your rectum....Try gutting it out as I think they will improve...Sometimes the medication that they insert can also cause the pain....Good luck....

Caroline
|

replied November 4th, 2010
I too recently went to the ER and was given prescriptions for cream, pain reliever, stool softener and now a month later, I am still not sleeping at night and experience pain everyday!
The warm bath soaks which were also advised, only relieve pain temporarily and result in drying the already painful area even more.
Unless a person has health insurance, in which I do not have at this time due to being unemployed, it is an ongoing, painful, hard for anyone who is not going through issue!
I am now taking ibuprofen like candy, drinking a ton of water, Metamucil, stool softener and avoiding any long periods of sitting or lying down.
My sympathy goes out to anyone else experiencing this problem! I have had 2 children and would rather experience childbirth than deal with this everyday!
|
Users who thank kahler_k for this post: Ybf168 

replied November 21st, 2010
butt pain
ok so ive been having hemmys growing on my butt for a good 8 years not been to painful but more recently it hurt bad so i tried looking on the internet for help saw a bunch of post for applecider vinager tried it it helped ease the pain i figured some is good more must be better so i soaked a cotton ball with it and tucked it up there for a good half a day not good swollen up like no joke grapes very painful depressing life changing scary out of control well i took control back i looked all over the internet for a cure i got venapro and h miricale with little results well in desperation i tried cayennepepper half teaspoon twice aday in cup of water with lemon and i started juicing my meals and i started using a cinderblock in the bathroom instead of regular i squat my poop comes right out done no more time sitting waiting pushing so anyway thats my story and im having real results each day its been a little better oh i put vitamin e all over it stings alittle more but it passes and seems to lube erea well and the cayenne i got from dr schulze it alone will change your body dont eat anything processed bread cheese eggs milk even pasta its working for me been less then a week for me and im feeling great and things are getting better good luck and god bless you take care of your temple
|

replied November 7th, 2012
Thanks i try it!!!!
|

User Profile
replied December 12th, 2010
Community Volunteer
I would suggest that a person speak with their physican or pharmacist before they insert any type of "new method of cure" into their anal canal....This being for a "cure all" on Hemorroids...This is very delicate tissue and you can do yourself harm...Take care...

Caroline
|

replied June 20th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
I think your lack of insurance is the biggest problem.

WELCOME TO the best health care in the world usa

perhaps u can write your Dr a letter, send or deliver, ask he/she call or write AND PERHAPS ask if steroids would help because often they are given for inflammation that cortisone does not work on. BUT JUST A THOUGHT
|

replied June 22nd, 2011
Are they internal or external?
|

replied June 28th, 2011
I rarely experienced hemorrhoids but it happened to me twice I think. Luckily it is not severe and hopefully it won't be.
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2011
Hemorrhoids are some of the most miserable things you can ever experience, but they are totally curable. I had them for years and at times I felt like I was going to shoot myself. I found this great ebook on hemorrhoidsaregone.com The info in it is the best on the web and you will be cured for life. No bull, no hype just a cure that no Dr will ever want you to know about.
|

replied January 21st, 2012
very painful anal pain hemmroid or fissure
im in so much pain my dr did rectal exam i ferl like killing myself over the pain. id rather have childbirth,i have a external hemmroid very itchy and painful and something internal not sure what it us yet but it is so painful i have to go back i can feel a lump under my anus it might be fissure large thronbosed hemmroid i have no idea but i wish the doctor would fn no inztead i have to wait with some suppositories and laxatives this is so painful i cant walk scared to eat and i want to die.
|

replied April 28th, 2012
Time for change
I'm a sufferer too. I've recently had to face facts: I need a major lifestyle change.
You have to commit to changing diet and exercise routine. Small meals, reduced caffeine and alcohol intake because they dehydrate you,, increased water, more fresh fruits and veggies, etc. it's a vicious cycle- pain and bleeding makes you want to stay laying down. Lack of exercise makes you constipated, which makes you strain to go poo. Then more pain, bleeding, repeat. It has to be a full lifestyle makeover. I'm dreading it but know it has to happen. Can't keep going through this humiliation of doctors visits and painful bathroom time!! Good luck to you.
|

replied September 26th, 2012
Hems SUCK!!!
I feel your pain..literally!! Im in soo much pain its nearly unbearable!! Been using maximum strength Prep H, tucks pad, hem wipes, sitz baths, drinking LOTS of water and ext. NOTHING!! I started using the tip that comes in the box of Prep H to put cream internally and its helped a bit but not much. I had a bowel movement more then 2 hours ago and IM STILL IN PAIN!!! Sad Im hoping that this passes as I just recently had my daughter 2 months ago. I feel like suicide at times because of this!! Its like giving birth again!!! I have to breath through it like I did with my contractions. I have a 17 hour train ride coming up on sunday and Im just hoping and preying that its better by then!! This has been going for more then a week now!!! FML!!!
|

replied November 7th, 2012
Rhoid Rage
ffs i want to rip my butthole open!!! and get to it with a scapel!!!!!!!!
|

replied December 23rd, 2012
Cured of hemorroids
Apple Cider Vinegar applied directly to the hemorroid via a cotton ball is the solution to every problem in this thread. ACV made my hemorroids drop like flys. You must be consistent with applying it daily. I soaked a small rag with ACV and just stuck it in my backside
and left it there for an hour. The hemorrhoids will first turn white. Thats how you know its working. Then they will start to shrink and die off.
Doctors couldn't help me but what God has created in nature helped in no time..and cheaply at that! Acv is less than $2!

Yes it burns during application but it works! Hallelujah!
|

replied May 31st, 2013
Hem Pain
Worth trying - A&D ointment... NOTHING else takes care of pain from hems, cracked finger and painful cuticles. This is not a cure - but it is soothing... It's the stuff you put on babies for diaper/pee rash...

ALSO - try homeopathic remedies... And a book titled Nutritional Healing. It's GREAT for many problems...

Mostly - BELIEVE that what you are doing is going to help....

And treat yourself as you are your own only child who is suffering! No more of that ripping out, scalpeling crap.... would you do that to your three year old crying from pain???
|

replied September 27th, 2013
Magnesium to keep guaranteed soft stools
Take magnesium supplements. As much as you can tolerate, 400g, 800g or so. This will make you go to the toilet every day with no effort and take the pressure of a stool pushing on your piles(haemorrhoids). If you take too little magnesium it won't work, if you take too much your stools will be too loose. It's trial and error with dosage as everyone is individual.
I'm in England and we can buy a cream in the pharmacy called germaloids which works very well. If your piles are inside your rectum you will need to push the cream inside. It has a shrinking, anaesthetic effect.
My piles are internal and only very occasionally cause me pain, always in the middle of the night and always if I have not taken my magnesium for a day or two.
Hope this helps ; )
|

replied October 15th, 2013
So glad I came across this thread because I feel the same way. Been dealing with these !**@! for 15+ years, but just recently came back with a vengeance after a 10 year break.
Right now, been dealing with almost a Month of internal hem's. Pain changes daily, but at its worst, its close to unbearable without strong mediations... which scares me too, as I don't want to become addicted. I can't even fathom getting an anal exam right now.
Have done epsom baths, creams, medicated wipes, fiber, stool softeners... you name it.
Stools seem to re-aggravate it daily, and is a struggle as it feels like they are blocking.
I started wondering if perhaps it was something besides hem's... as I never remember them lasting so long and being so painful for such a long period of time.
|

replied October 17th, 2013
I can understand your pain my friend, I was victim of same problem, the situation was so horrible that i was unable to sit or stand for long, my work was suffering due to pain. all the time I was thinking about pain. I donot want to go for surgery. One day my wife discuss this to her friend and she suggest me to use "Lido-Nifedipine gel"
it works at both internal and external hemorrhoids.
when i start using it, that was last day of my pain. my big thanks for this gel.
|

replied November 1st, 2013
Solution for Hemorrhoids
An instant solution for hemorrhoids is zinc oxide which can be found in Desitin baby ointment for diaper rash. Put a generous amount on a q-tip and gently insert in the anus. Change qtips and do a few times. I guarantee the pain will INSTANTLY disappear. The ointment coats the raw areas and gives instant relief.

The zinc oxide is perfectly o.k. to use as it is a major ingredient in many hemorrhoid creams. Also, use Anusol suppositories which give major relief as well-after a few days most symptoms totally disappear; it is the best remedy on the market and in suppository form guarantees the medicine goes/stays right where it needs to work. It also contains zinc oxide and a few other active ingredients.

I have used the Anusol suppository followed immediately with the zinc oxide cream and I can tell you the pain stops INSTANTLY. Using the Anusol alone gives relief after a day or so but using with the cream guarantees the relief right away which is why I suggest using both.
|
Quick Reply