Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Miscarriage and Stillbirth Forum

internal burning after miscarriage

i am experiencing internal burning in my lower abdomin both legs and sometimes in my head. i have had many blood tests and vaginal swabs and all have came back all clear. i have also seen a neurologist who said i was fine. i have recently had a miscarriage which resulted with a d+c and they have found an ovarian there anything i can do to reduce this sensation as no-one at the hospital has pescribed anything to ease this burning and could it be dangerous.
Did you find this post helpful?

replied April 12th, 2009
i had d&c too
Hi, i had my d&c 8 months ago and since then have this burning feeling in my abdomen. finally they diagnosed some pelvic inflammation and urine infection too and i am pregnant 6 weeks. a bit worried. please let me kn if you get to know anything abt this as i m totally confused as for wht is happening. however initially gynea suggested it is normal occurence after d&c and shud stop with in a couple of months, all the best to you too
Did you find this post helpful?

replied June 6th, 2009
Iam experiencing also those kinds of pain, my lower back pain, my 2 legs, most of the time there is pain,whenever i am sitting, standing, everything, all these happen after my miscarriage, i went for my gyne to check whats happen to me,she made an ultrasound, vaginal ultrasound, but there was no problem, i dont know wat will i do, i am so worried because until now, i didnt get pregnant,maybe bec of this pain , im always stress,thing always this stupid pain. im experiencing these pain more than 2 yrs now..pls help me to find solution..
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied October 30th, 2018
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
I would suggest you to start amitriptyline and gabapentin to combat this problem.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Miscarriage and Stillbirth , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.