Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Chest Pain Forum

intermittent pains in my chest, numerous times a day

A little background info..., I'm a 29 year old male, 6', 190lbs., have exercised induced(maybe some allergy induced too) asthma, and slight high blood pressure. I'm currently taking an albuterol inhaler for the asthma, and amlodipine for the high blood pressure. Also, about 3 years ago I was diagnosed with PAC's(premature atrial contractions) which the Doc's said were a non-issue, and would never cause me any problems. I had a cardio-cath done at that time, and they said everything looked perfect.

Now the problem, about 1 1/2 months ago, I started having intermittent pains in my chest, just to the left of my sternum, and shortness of breath. Neither of which appeared to be attributed to anything, and would happen at random. The pains only lasted for seconds at a time, but would happen numerous times a day when sitting, standing, walking, whenever. I went to the ER, and they did EKG, and chest x-ray, and said everything looked fine. So, I went home, and made an appointment to see my regular Doc. He said it sounded like a breathing issue, and made me an appt. for a pulmonolgist. Pulmonary Doc. prescribed me Symbicort(for the asthma), and Omeprazole(in case it was a gastric issue, which I'm still taking), and ordered a CT scan to check for a pulmonary embolism. The CT scan came back fine, and two different Doc's stated that everything looked kosher. Then I started having anxiety attacks which put me back in the ER two more times(both times I had another EKG, which was fine). I attributed the attacks to the Symbicort, stopped taking it, and haven't had a panic attack since. In the midst of all this, I got bronchitis which has basically cleared up now, however, the chest pain, and shortness of breath remain. I also went to see a cardiologist on my own. He did an ekg, ecg, and a stress test. All of which looked fine according to him.

After all this I'm still having the chest pain and shortness of breath, and don't know why. I can't seem to convince myself that it isn't cardiac related despite all the tests which is probably only making the issues worse.

Anyone have any problems simlar to this, or any advice?!? It's really starting to interfere with my life, as I fell nervous, and fatigued from worrying about it all the time.

Please Help!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 11th, 2011
I forgot to add., they also did multiple blood tests, all of which came back fine. And I also smoked for approximately 10 years, but quit 1 1/2 years ago.
|

replied October 16th, 2011
Anyone? No one?
|

replied December 12th, 2011
thats the same thing with me almost have never been albe to run with out feeling like i am about to pass out i get chest pain nearly everyday and get really anxity over it have trouble breathing get all flushed i get a ekg ecg chest xrays and blood test done evey 2 months nearly i have smoked for 6 years now and i am about 50kgs 25 fit eat healty work out and yet not one doctor has been able to tell me why i get these chest pains and why my heart feels like its a hollow pump sometimes like there nothing in there for it to pump then that stops but the pain is every day i even do labour for work wich also helps keep me fit if any can tell me what would be the cause would be great thanks
|
Must Read
What is pneumonia? Learn basic facts about pneumonia here, plus how doctors define the different types of pneumonia that people can get....
Some people are more at risk of getting pneumonia than others. Are you one of them? Learn more about how you get pneumonia and who is at risk here....
Chest pain is typical during cases of pneumonia. But what other signs and symptoms should you look for? Know when to seek medical help by starting here....